Friday, November 11, 2011

I have a pair of Dior sunglasses that i love, but i have some deep scratches in them. What can i do?

My dog decided to lightly mark my new sunglasses with her teeth. So now my new Dior's have holes in them (not the whole way through) but i cant stand to buy another pair for $300 dollars. What can i do? Im desperate. PLEASE no smart *** answers.|||Are the scratches in the lenses? If they're NOT, try dripping some clear nail polish. After you fill the scratch (remember, not on the lenses) use a nail buffer or file to even the polish level down to the glasses. If it doesn't look the way you want, you can always take it off it with nail polish remover and try a different approach.





If the scratches ARE in the lenses, try finding a pair with a similar lens shape (i.e. a ripoff pair--try kohl's or a kiosk at the mall) and see if you can pop out and replace the lenses.








Good Luck!! If all else fails, there's always ebay!!





http://search.ebay.com/dior-sunglasses_W鈥?/a>|||Safilo is the company that makes Christian Dior Sunglasses. Give them a call and tell them you need replacment lenses. They are usally around 30 dollars for both. I own a Sunglass store so I deal with this all the time.

Report Abuse


|||ok well, at my eye doctors they selll sunglasses too (like dior chanel versace etc) so maybe they replace sunglass lenses go to an eye doctors office and ask them|||try to go to eyemasters or a special eye place to get custom made lenses (was it the glass/plastic lens or were they the frames?) if it was the part that you see through, then go to a pro and ask them. hope i helped:)|||There is a solution that you can buy at your optometrist that helps fill scratches, but if it's from your dog i seriously doubt that that will fix it since that stuff is mainly for light scratches. But you can always have the lenses replaced, even at a cheap vision center. No one will know there not original Dior lenses.|||I saw this stuff on tv that you just pour it on and wipe the scratches off. I'm sorry I don't know the name, but it does exist- I'm into sunglasses too, so search for that product, and in the meantime, get another pair that is a different style. When you fix the olds, the new ones won't be a waste.





I live Revos.

No comments:

Post a Comment